As we work toward the goal of becoming a top five SC school district, the Technology Leadership Team developed the following goals, expectations, and strategies which will be supported through professional learning throughout the 2015-2016 school year. These goals are based on the state-approved SDPC Technology Plan 2013-2016.
Our School Technology Leadership Teams should support teachers to ensure they are meeting the following technology five-year goals:
- Teachers will learn to use technology as they design tasks on the SAMR model: Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, and Redefinition. Teachers will move toward transforming learning with technology as they design tasks for modification and redefinition.
- Teachers will create blended learning units integrating technology into SC content standards around rigorous questioning using Cognitive Growth Targets and the SAMR model. These units should incorporate aspects of differentiated instruction to meet students' needs.
Technology Expectations for SDPC Teachers for 2015-2016
- Teachers will understand the SAMR model
- Teachers will begin to use Google Apps for Education (GAFE)
- Teachers will use Schoology for grades (3rd-12th only), assignments, and announcements
Strategies for Meeting Goals and Expectations for 2015-2016
- Teachers will take a self-assessment on the SAMR model to identify professional growth goals
- Teachers will attend a minimum of 3 after school workshops focused on SAMR model, Schoology, and Google Apps for Education
- Teachers will attend district-level professional learning for GAFE and Schoology
- Lead technology teachers will continue to develop Tech Savvy Online workshops
- Lead technology teachers will work with instructional services to develop a SAMRai Course (15 hours) in the fall of 2015
- District administrators will connect technology proficiency to teacher evaluation model.